Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Dia de Independencia


Finally, a fun week of school! Tomorrow is Costa Rican Independence Day, so today was filled with fun activities during class. We walked down to the local elementary school and watched the cutest little kids in a parade with their traditional Costa Rican garb... how cute! We ate some typical Costa Rican cuisine for lunch, were taught some traditional Costa Rican dance, and celebrated Stuart's birthday. Que buen dia!


I am really starting to enjoy my time here. I finally feel like I have a comfortable place/role in my classes, with my family, and in the country in general! I am really enjoying getting to know the country and meeting new people. I have become brave enough and confident enough in my Spanish-speaking abilities to try and communicate with more of the locals, which has been an interesting experience. Although some ended up being creepers, I have met a lot of cool and nice people. This weekend I am hoping to go see a volcano. I can't wait.


Tonight we are going to head out to watch some of the parades, the torch lighting, and some other celebrations for the holiday. After that... it's time to celebrate Stuart's birthday. No classes tomorrow.. hoorrayyyy!

No comments:

Post a Comment