Saturday, November 20, 2010

Note to Self:

To begin, today was a really awesome day. We had our ACM Family Picnic... where all the students and their host families got together. We had the big soccer game. Sadly, the gringos lost. =( ...but I played really well and scored 3 goals! =) We danced, ate, and just hung out. It was a nice change in routine and interesting to meet all the host families I have heard so many stories about. I will tell you more about this once the pictures are available; I know those will help explain a little better.

In other news, I am using this post as a note to self. Every day I find myself daydreaming about something I miss from back home. The important people in my life-- family, fiance, and friends are obviously always on my mind... you know who you are! But there are some other more subtle things that I need to remember to appreciate when I return. Here we go---
  • sleeping on my bed with some form of cushion and more than one stiff, flat pillow.
  • taking naps (specifically on my parent's amazing bed
  • Portillo's cakeshake
  • REAL pizza
  • going into the kitchen and eating at my own will
  • CHOOSING what I want to eat and making it myself
  • calling someone without needing to dial a million numbers for the calling card
  • relaxing in my own room
  • freedom to do what I want
  • watching more than just soccer on television
  • renting a movie
  • listening to new music
  • being with the people I love
  • and so much more....

No comments:

Post a Comment